The long-standing “Video” app has been replaced in the latest version of iOS with a new app called “TV”, which includes a new interface to manage movies and videos downloaded to the iPhone. While the old Videos app made it simple to delete and remove movies from the iPhone or iPad, the new TV app offers a less obvious method of removing videos from an iOS device that is unique to delete things inside the TV app. Here, the post will show you two different ways on how to delete movies from iPhone.
How to Delete Movies from iPhone?
Option 1: Remove movies in TV app
- Open the “TV” app on iPhone.
- Tap & hold on the “Downloaded” button.
- Then tap on “Remove Download” to delete the downloaded video from the iPhone.
In fact, sometimes this is simply not possible because there is no “Downloaded” button. So if this is the case, continue with option 2.
Option 2: Delete Movies from TV app via Settings
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Find the “TV” app and tap on it.
- Tap on “Edit” and delete movies from the TV app. Or you can swipe left on the movies to delete them directly.