The Release Day of iOS 11 Final Version
Phil Schiller disclosed the release day of iOS 11 final version on the 2017 Apple Autumn Event while talking about the new iPhone 8. He showed that the iOS 11 will be available to download for all iOS users on September 19th, 2017 (Pacific Time). If you are in another city or country, you may get it on September 20th. You can refer to the below table to get the release time based on your nearby city or country.
|Country||City||iOS 11 Final Release Day||Time|
|USA||San Francisco||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||10:00 am|
|USA||New York||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||1:00 pm|
|Canada||Toronto||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||1:00 pm|
|United Kingdom||London||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||6:00 pm|
|France||Paris||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||7:00 pm|
|Germany||Berlin||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||7:00 pm|
|Russia||Moscow||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||8:00 pm|
|India||New Delhi||Tue, Sep 19, 2017||10:30 pm|
|China||Beijing||Wed, Sep 20, 2017||1:00 am|
|Japan||Tokyo||Wed, Sep 20, 2017||2:00 am|
|Australia||Sydney||Wed, Sep 20, 2017||3:00 am|
50 Features of iOS 11 You May Like to Know
Apple firstly introduced the features and changes of iOS 11 on 2017 WWDC event on June 5th, 2017. After that, Apple released 10 betas for developers to test continually. According to the betas, we could know almost all features of iOS 11 final version, and it’s no secret.
On September 12th, 2017, Apple shows the new iOS 11 features on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X on its Autumn Event. For example, it firstly shows the new iOS 11 Portrait Mode and Lighting effects.
You can read our iOS 11 feature category page or click the related link below to know how to use iOS 11 features.
- Messages app supports using Apple Pay to send money to your contacts. (Messages)
- Messages app Adds new effects: Echo and Spotlight. (Messages)
- Redesigns app drawer of Messages allows you to easily share stickers, emoji and games. (Messages)
- It enables 3rd-party app to filter spam messages on Messages.
- You can sync messages across your devices (This feature was removed from iOS 11 beta 5, and won’t be released on September.).
- Business Chat allows you to start a business conversation with seller. (Messages app)
- iMessages will auto-response if you enable Do Not Disturb While Driving. (Messages)
- It allows you to mute annoying messages conversation with Hide Alerts. (Messages)
- Siri adds the features of real-time language translation when set to U.S. English. (Siri)
- Sir has a new Male-Voice option. (Siri)
- Type to Siri enables you to communicate with Siri by typing. (Siri)
- Scan Document helps you easily senses and scan document files using Notes app. (Notes)
- When you use pencil to touch iPad notes, the drawing mode will be auto-enabled on Notes app. (Notes on iPad)
- Notes app added new text formatting options, like table, Strikethrough, Monospaced, bold, italics, and underline. (Notes)
- You can pin any note to the top of the notes list. (Notes)
- You can change paper styles feature enables you to change the background of one note. (Notes)
- Camera app supports scanning QR. (Camera)
- You can shoots pictures with new photo’s format – HEIF (High Efficiency Image Files). (Camera)
- Photos has a new Animated album to collect animated pictures, and it can auto-play GIFs. (Photos)
- Live Photos gets more effects: including Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure. (Photos)
- Indoor Mapping shows you the detailed maps of malls and airports on Maps app. (Maps)
- Lane Guidance shows you which lane you should be in and remind you of the speed limit. (Maps)
- Music appenables you to know what your friends listen to. (This feature requires you to subscribe Apple Music)
- Redesign Control Center interface to be only one page. (Control Center)
- Screen Recording helps you to easily capture what’s happening on your device. (Control Center)
- Do Not Disturb When Driving will stop all notifications and alert when driving to make you safe. (Control Center)
- iOS 11 Makes typing easier with one hand on 4+ inch iOS devices. (keyboard)
- Keyboard Flick feature help you type fast on iPad (Except 12.9 inch iPad Pro). (keyboard)
- Redesign App Store interface with new sections, Today, Games and Apps. (App Store)
- There is a completely new iOS 11 Dock for iPad, just like the one on Mac computer. (Dock for iPad)
- You can add frequently used app icons to the dock. (Dock for iPad)
- You can choose whether to show your recently used apps on the dock. (iOS 11 beta 2)
- The iOS 11 Files app can help you access data from iCloud Drive, OneDrive and so on. (Files app)
- You can use Files app to preview and edit files.
- You can save files from other app to Files app on your iPhone and iPad.
- Drag and Drop makes it easily to move text, pictures, apps and other files on your iPhone iPad.
- iOS 11 makes iOS device Set-up crazily easy by simply keeping it close to an old one.
- Instant Markup enables you to quickly mark up your pictures files like PDF and screenshot.
- iOS 11 will automatically delete unused app to save storage.
- iOS 11 enables you to disable Background App Refresh only for cellular data.
- Safari app adds one Experimental section under Settings > Safari > Advanced. (iOS 11 Beta 2)
- Redesign the video volume controller to be small and put it on the top right corner.
- When battery is low, iOS 11 will stop auto-syncing photos or other files to save battery life.
- You can share Wi-Fi to nearby iOS 11 devices without revealing the password in iOS 11.
- iOS 11 Arkit makes most of iOS devices the platforms to play AR games.
- Smart Invert looks like the “Dark Mode” in iOS 11.
- iOS 11 supports Face ID to unlock iPhone. (Only for iPhone X)
- iOS 11 supports Animoji that you can use to communicate with your contacts (Messages app, only for iPhone X)
- iOS 11 Portrait Mode added some new lighting effects for iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. (Camera and Photos app)
- You can use Face ID to pay. (Only for iPhone X)