Nowadays, a lot of people use iTunes to play, download, and organize digital multimedia files, including music and video on their computers running the macOS and Windows operating systems. With the wide use of iTunes, users may encounter various issues such as iTunes crashes, iTunes freezes, etc. In this article, I will provide you some suggestions to solve the freeze issue.
4 Possible Reasons
1. The older version of iTunes may not be compatible with your device, the freeze issue will appear.
2. The confliction between iTunes and the third-party plugins installed on the computer.
3. A damaged or loose USB cable may cause the freeze issue.
4. Lack of Anti-virus software
4 Suggestions for User to Fix the Freezing Issue
1. Please make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes. Usually, Apple will launch a new version of iTunes once they fix some bugs. To use iTunes better, please update your iTunes to the latest version or you can download the latest version of iTunes from iTunes official website.
2. To check whether the freeze issue is related to plugins or not, please press Shift-Ctrl at the same time and open iTunes in safe mode. If the freeze issue still persists, to let iTunes back to normal, please uninstall the plugins.
3. Please change a USB cable to try again. As we known, a damaged or loose USB cable will influence the connection with iOS device and computer. Furthermore, with low quality USB port, iTunes cannot transfer data with fast speed. It even cause freeze issue during the process of transferring.
4. With no Anti-virus softwares installed on the computer, virus may get into your system, causing iTunes freeze issue. Install Anti-virus softwares such as Avast secure me or Lookout Mobile Security may help you remove the virus.