Wi-Fi plays an important role in the Internet world. Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, users can visit websites at any time. But sometimes, customers may encounter the issue that device Wi-Fi keeps dropping on iPhone 7 after they update their device iOS version. In this article, I will provide you some information about the problem and help you solve the issue.
4 Possible Reasons Why Wi-Fi Keep Dropping on iPhone 7
1. The Wi-Fi settings have been erased because of the update of iOS version.
2. The unstable Wi-Fi connection caused by server issues.
3. The unstable Wi-Fi connection due to software issues.
4. The core system has been damaged.
6 Suggestions for Users to Fix the Dropping Issue
1. Please restart your wireless router and iPhone 7.
2. Please reopen Wi-Fi and Airplane Mode to fix the issue.
3. Please make sure the problem is not related to the website. You can visit different websites by using different browsers to make sure the issue is not caused by any single website.
4. Please reset the network settings. Sometimes, an update may change the network settings and options. To solve the issue, reset a network setting is useful. Please go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > input passcode to confirm the reset.
5. Please delete then re-connect your Wi-Fi network. To check whether the network itself is the causation or not, users can forget the Wi-Fi network and add it again.
6. Finally, you can reset your device to factory settings. But I need to point out that the solution can only be applied when the device core system has been damaged. Meanwhile, as we known, all of your device data will lost if you reset your device back to factory setting. Considering the importance of your data, we suggest you back up your device before launch the reset process. Please go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Enter passcode to confirm the reset.