As we all know, Apple removed “Trash All” function in Mail app in iOS 10 and later iOS 11, which can prevent users from accidentally deleting all emails on iPhone, but on the other hand, this also cause us inconvenience when we need to quickly delete all emails from mailbox. Is there any way to delete all emails in iOS 11 or iOS 10 at once? Fortunately, the answer is Yes. In this post, we all show you a simple trick to delete all emails on iPhone/iPad running iOS 1o or iOS 11.
How to Delete All Emails on iPhone in iOS 11/iOS 10
Step 1. Check Your Email Account Settings
Before we start, please make sure that you have set the discard emails will be moved into Deleted Mailbox, not Archive Mailbox. To check it:
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Choose your email account to see account details and tap on Advanced.
- Tap Deleted Mailbox under the section “Move Discard Messages Into:”
Step 2. Delete All Emails in iOS 10/iOS 11 on iPhone/iPad
Now, open Mails app on your iPhone/iPad and follow the instructions below to quickly delete all emails on iOS 11/iOS 10 device.
- Go to Inbox.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the screen and then Mark All > Mark as Read.
- Tap Edit again and select any email.
- Press and hold the Move button with one finger and uncheck the selected email with another finger.
- Release the Move button and you’ll on a screen that allows you to move all your messages to a new mailbox.
- Tap the Trash icon.
Without need of selecting the message one by one, you can easily select all messages in your mailbox and move them to Trash at once. If you know any better method to remove all emails in iOS 10/iOS 11 on iPhone/iPad, let us know via comment.
Having issues with Mails app after updating to iOS 11/iOS 10.3.3? Read: How to fix common email issues on iPhone iPad>