As we all know, Apple removed “Trash All” function in Mail app in iOS 10 and later iOS 10.1/10.2, which can help prevent users from accidentally deleting all emails, but on the other hand, this may also cause us inconvenience when we indeed need to delete all emails from mailbox. Is there any way to delete all emails in iOS 10/10.1/10.2 at once? The answer is Yes. In this post, we all show you a simple trick to trash all emails in Mail app on iPhone/iPad running iOS 10/10.1/10.2.
Step 1. Check Your Email Account Settings
Before we start, please make sure that you have set the discard emails will be moved into Deleted Mailbox, not Archive Mailbox.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts.
- Choose your email account to see account details and tap on Advanced.
- Tap Deleted Mailbox under the section “Move Discard Messages Into:”
Step 2. Delete All Emails in iOS 10.2/10.1/10 on iPhone/iPad
- Open Mail app and go to Inbox.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner of the screen and then Mark All > Mark as Read.
- Tap Edit again and select any email.
- Press and hold the Move button with one finger and uncheck the selected email with another finger.
- Release the Move button and you’ll on a screen that allows you to move all your messages to a new mailbox.
- Tap the Trash icon.
Without need of selecting the message one by one, this workaround make it easy for your easily select all messages in your mailbox and move them to Trash at once. If you know any better method to remove all emails in iOS 10/10.1/10.2 on iPhone/iPad, let us know via comment.