Your iPhone Voicemail may be not working to play, load or send voice mails and visual voicemail. This may happen in iOS 8, iOS 9, the latest iOS 10.3.3 and even the iOS 11 final version. Below we’ll talk about the common iPhone voicemail issues, and tell you why sometimes your voicemail not working and offers 11 tips to help you fix it.
iOS 10/iOS 11 Voicemail Problems People Met
As we found, iPhone users may get the below voicemail not working problems.
- iPhone voicemail won’t play
- Voicemail will not load or show up
- Voicemail transcription not available
- transcription turn off problem
- iPhone voicemail call failed
- iPhone voicemail won’t delete
Why iOS 10/ iOS 11 Voicemail Not Working?
Normally the networking connection issue is the main cause of iOS voicemail not working. And usually, it has nothing to do with what iOS you currently use, although some iOS bugs will stop the network connection between your device and carrier.
Therefore, to fix your iPhone voicemail problem, you should check every parts related to Voicemail service to make the connection between your device and carrier work well. There are two part, one is your iPhone side (Voicemail setting, network setting and signal status) and another is your Carrier side (server, settings and so on).
Surely, you may be not clear about how voicemail service works. So here we directly provide you some potential tips to help you easily fix this iOS voicemail problem.
How to Fix iOS Voicemail Problems
We’ve listed some tips to fix voicemail call failed, and won’t play issues before, and below we summarized these tips which we think could be very helpful to fix voicemail won’t work issue in iOS 9, iOS 10 or iOS 11 final version.
- If you want to use Visual Voicemail, firstly check whether your carrier supports it.
- Make sure you’ve set up voicemail properly. You can follow our tutorial to set up voicemail on iPhone.
- Try to call somebody to check your cellular network connection. And call your iPhone from another iPhone to leave yourself a voicemail.
- Reset Time Zone. Settings > General > Date & Time, tun on Set Automatically.
- Use voicemail in strong signal areas.
- Restart your iPhone. Press and hold Wake/Sleep button to restart your device.
- Check Carrier Settings Update. After connect to WiFi or Cellular network, go to Settings > General > About to check whether there are some new update your carrier asking you to install.
- Reset Voicemail password. Go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password.
- Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Update to new iOS software if possible. If it is the iOS bug causing your voicemail issue, you may need an iOS update.
- Visit carrier site or call carrier for help. Your carrier will help you get out voicemail issues by offering you support pages, FAQ tools or other methods.
5 thoughts on “How to Fix Voicemail Not Working in iOS 11, iOS 10 or iOS 9”
If you are on EE or o2 and have just updated to iOS 11 you need to opt out of visual voicemail and opt back in for it to work again. On EE you need to text ‘visual off’ and then text ‘iPhone visual’ to 150 and it will work again.
Thanks Barnabyfs, I’m on EE and that worked perfectly!
yea I wasted lots of time with all these other solutions and all I needed to do was turn it off and on again 😀
Fix iOS 11 voicemail not working. iPhone 7
All you need to do is dial your own number on your I phone keypad Press send then it goes straight to your voicemail. Then enter Your passcode and then voilà it’s fixed!!!
That was the simplest fix ever, Ash! Thank you! Spent a half hour trying other methods. I just hit the call voicemail button that was on my voicemail screen and listened to the first few seconds of a voicemail. When I hung up, they all came back.