Your iPhone Voicemail may be not working to play, load or send voice mails and visual voicemail. This may happen in iOS 8, iOS 9, the latest iOS 10.3.3 and even the iOS 11 betas. Below we’ll talk about the common iPhone voicemail issues, and tell you why sometimes your voicemail not working and offers 11 tips to help you fix it.
iOS 9/10 Voicemail Problems People Met
As we found, iPhone users may get the below voicemail not working problems.
- iPhone voicemail won’t play
- Voicemail will not load or show up
- Voicemail transcription not available
- transcription turn off problem
- iPhone voicemail call failed
- iPhone voicemail won’t delete
Why iOS 9 / iOS 10 Voicemail Not Working?
Normally the networking connection issue is the main cause of iOS voicemail not working. And usually, it has nothing to do with what iOS you currently use, although some iOS bugs will stop the network connection between your device and carrier.
Therefore, to fix your iPhone voicemail problem, you should check every parts related to Voicemail service to make the connection between your device and carrier work well. There are two part, one is your iPhone side (Voicemail setting, network setting and signal status) and another is your Carrier side (server, settings and so on).
Surely, you may be not clear about how voicemail service works. So here we directly provide you some potential tips to help you easily fix this iOS voicemail problem.
How to Fix iOS Voicemail Problems
We’ve listed some tips to fix voicemail call failed, and won’t play issues before, and below we summarized these tips which we think could be very helpful to fix voicemail won’t work issue in iOS 9, iOS 10 or iOS 11 beta.
- If you want to use Visual Voicemail, firstly check whether your carrier supports it.
- Make sure you’ve set up voicemail properly. You can follow our tutorial to set up voicemail on iPhone.
- Try to call somebody to check your cellular network connection. And call your iPhone from another iPhone to leave yourself a voicemail.
- Reset Time Zone. Settings > General > Date & Time, tun on Set Automatically.
- Use voicemail in strong signal areas.
- Restart your iPhone. Press and hold Wake/Sleep button to restart your device.
- Check Carrier Settings Update. After connect to WiFi or Cellular network, go to Settings > General > About to check whether there are some new update your carrier asking you to install.
- Reset Voicemail password. Go to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password.
- Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Update to new iOS software if possible. If it is the iOS bug causing your voicemail issue, you may need a iOS update.
- Visit carrier site or call carrier for help. Your carrier will help you get out voicemail issues by offering you support pages, FAQ tools or other methods.