Following Apple’s fall event on September, the latest iTunes 12.7 was released for Mac OS and Windows. In this update, Apple made controversial changes by removing App Store, ditching app and ringtone sync, and moving locations of iTunes U and radio station.
Considering the original intent of iTunes – being an app for entertainment, it is reasonable that for Apple to eliminate unrelated contents in iTunes 12.7 and put its emphasis back on music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks. Apps or ringtones you purchased on computer before can be redownloaded on your iPhone in the new App Store or Sounds Settings. And if you have created personal ringtones using previous iTunes, you are still able to use iTunes 12.7 to move ringtones to iPhone.
How to Find Ringtones After Installing iTunes 12.7
In iOS 11, you can redownload ringtones you purchased before without the need to use iTunes. Just go to Settings on your iPhone, tap Sounds & Haptics> Ringtone, then you’ll see a “Download All Purchased Tones” option at the top of the page. Tap this option to redownload ringtones to your iPhone.
For those custom ringtones you created with iTunes on your Mac or PC, you can find them in the Tones folder under your iTunes media folder.
- On Mac
1. Right-click Finder from the Dock, choose “ Go to Folder…”
2. Enter “~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Tones” and click Go.
3. Then you are able to find your customized ringtones you created before.
- On Windows
1. Open “C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media > Tones”.
2. Find your customized ringtones you created before.
How to Move Ringtones to iPhone Using iTunes 12.7
Although the ringtones sync feature is removed, you can still manually move ringtones to iPhone using iTunes 12.7.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
2. Select your device.
3. Open the Tones folder in your iTunes Media folder (or custom folder you created), and find the ringtone you want to transfer to your iPhone.
4. Drag the ringtone to your iPhone in the left sidebar of iTunes.
Looking for methods to create your personal ringtones on your iPhone, read: Top 5 Best Free Ringtone Apps for iPhone with Reviews >