Two months after the release of iOS 10.3.2, Apple seeded iOS 10.3.3 on July with bug fixes and security improvements. With six betas testing, iOS 10.3.3 is actually a stable iOS version. Generally, it should be an easy task to install iOS 10.3.3 update over the air. But there are still some problems you may come across during the update process.
After downloading iOS 10.3.3 software and taping Install Now option on your iOS device, it will begin to install the update. However, you may find your iPhone gets stuck on Verifying Update screen, or says “Unable to Install Update. An error has occurred installing iOS 10.3.3.”
If you also get this error and can’t install iOS 10.3.3/iOS 10.3.2 on your iPhone or iPad, follow this article to get some essential tips to fix this issue.
Note: If you are now in iOS 10.3.2 and going to update to iOS 10.3.3 for a better experience, don’t forget to backup your iPhone/iPad with iCloud over Wi-Fi or backup your iPhone/iPad with iTunes from your computer.
Why iOS 10.3.3/iOS 10.3.2 Won’t Install on iPhone or iPad
1. Internet connection issues
It require a stable network when installing iOS update. If you are unable to install iOS 10.3.3 on your iOS device, check you Internet connectivity firstly. Have issues in connecting your iPhone/iPad to Wi-Fi network? Check: How to fix Wi-Fi issues in iOS 10.3 >
2. Apple server problems
Another factor that make iOS 10.3.3/iOS 10.3.2 won’t install on your iPhone or iPad should be Apple’s side. As Apple just rolled out iOS 10.3.3 in a few days, millions of iPhone and iPad users are trying to install the update. Apple’s server may get overloaded and fail to keep up with some of the requests. Therefore, the “Unable to Install Update” error usually occurs at this time.
How to Fix “An error occurred installing iOS 10.3.3 (iOS 10.3.2)” Error
1. Force restart your device
It seems that force restarting iPhone/iPad does the trick for some users. And you can also give this simple solution a try to see if it resolves this iOS 10.3.3/iOS 10.3.2 installing error.
- On iPhone 6s and earlier and iPad: hold down the home and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen and then let go.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: hold down the Volume Down and Sleep/Wake buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen and then let go.
2. Wait for a few hours before trying again
If a force restart doesn’t solve “Unable to Install Update” error while installing iOS 10.3.2/iOS 10.3.3. Relax, there should be a lot of other users are facing the same problem because of the heavy traffic on Apple servers. Thus, you just need to wait for a few hours and then try again.
3. Update to iOS 10.3.3 using iTunes
If you have retried on your device for several times and it still shows “an error occurred installing iOS 10.3.3”, the easiest way to solve this problem is to update your iPhone/iPad via iTunes on a computer. Here are the detailed steps to complete this task:
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. To successfully update your device with iTunes, you can install the latest iTunes software on your computer.
- Select your device and click Summary > Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update, enter your passcode if asked.
Have other problems after updating to iOS 10.3.3/iOS 10.3.2? Read: How to fix common iOS 10.3.2/iOS 10.3.3 issues on iPhone/iPad >