iOS 10.3.3 finally comes after 6 betas and it may be the last update before the final iOS 11. This minor update doesn’t bring any meaningful new features, but it fixes some bugs in previous iOS 10.3.2 and can improves the security of your iPhone and iPad. In other words, iOS 10.3.3 is a relatively stable iOS version that worths your updating.
However, due to the heavy traffic on Apple’s server these days, you may get some issues when installing iOS 10.3.3 update, including:
- “Software Update Failed” error
- “Unable to Install Update” error
- iOS 10.3.3 stuck on verifying update
- “Unable to Verify Update” error
Here in this article, we are going to talk about iOS 10.3.3 verifying update issue.
“I tried to install iOS 10.3 on my iPhone 7 (32G) this morning and it has been stuck on Verifying Update for several hours. During this time, I can’t do anything with my phone. Is there any way to get this off or will it eventually go away and finish installing?”
It’s really annoying if iOS 10.3.3 stuck on verifying update, because during this time, you can’t do anything with your iPhone or iPad. So here we’ll offer some common tips to fix the iPhone verifying update error when update to iOS 10.3.3. We think these tips may also apply to iOS 11 Public beta or Develop beta.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update to iOS 10.3.3 or iOS 11 Betas
Normally the verifying update error message may resolve itself on some devices, but sometimes it may take you hours or even the whole day till the process ends. Now, follow us to get 4 potential fixes to iOS update stuck on verifying update issue on your iPhone or iPad.
Before you start, you need to connect your iPhone to a steady Wi-Fi network and ensure you have enough storage space to install iOS 10.3.3 or iOS 11 beta update. Unable to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi? If you can’t connect your device to WiFi, you can read our tutorial how to Fix iPhone Wi-Fi Problems. After the preparation, read the below tips.
1. Lock and unlock your iPhone screen for 5+ times
The first method to get off iPhone verifying update issue is simple but proved to be effective by many people. All you need do is just press the power button to lock your device and then wake it up. Repeat this for at least 5 times till you see a progress bar.
2. Hard reboot your device
If the power button trick does not work for you, force restart your iPhone and try to install iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11 beta again. To force reboot your device:
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
After rebooting your device, go to Settings > General > Software Update and choose Install Now.
3. Restore your iPhone with iTunes
4. Update your iPhone to iOS software with iTunes
This verifying error occurred when you choose to update wirelessly. If none of above ways works, you can try to update your device with iTunes from your computer. This update way could be more stable and safe.
- Install the latest iTunes on your computer and launch iTunes.
- Plug in your device and click the device icon.
- Click on Summary tab and choose Update.
- Follow the on screen steps to update your iPhone.
This iPhone verifying update issue is one of common iOS update problem, and the cause of this issue vary from people to people, from iOS to iOS. If these tips didn’t solve your verifying issue, you can post it on the comment section for help.