Have you ever experienced issues when sending messages or iMessages with your iPhone? While we can use a series of interesting message effects and play iMessages games with friends in iOS 10, there are kinds of messages and iMessage problems you may experience in iOS 10, iOS 10.3.2 or iOS 10.3.3. Below we talk about the common iOS messages issues you may meet and gives you some potential solutions.
iPhone Messages or iMessage Problems You May Meet in iOS 10.3.3
- iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts
- iPhone Not Sending Text Messages
- iMessage “Waiting for activation” Error
- iMessage Effects Not Working
- Messages Missing from iPhone
Sometimes we can try those general solutions like restarting device, updating carrier settings, or even restoring your iPhone with iTunes to fix these messages issues. But if these solutions won’t work to fix your iPhone messages problem, read on this article to get some tips to fix your iOS 10.3.3 messages and iMessage problems.
How to Fix iPhone Messages and iMessage Problems
1. iPhone Not Receiving Group Texts After iOS Update
It happens a lot that iPhone 7/7 Plus and earlier model won’t receive group messages from Android. To fix iPhone not receiving group text, you may need to need to delete the group conversation and then start a new one.
2. iPhone Not Sending Text Messages to Another Phone
You can send text messages to both iPhone and Android phone via SMS and the messages appear in green text bubbles on your iPhone. Usually, it should be the cell service issues that cause iPhone not sending text messages. Thus, you need to make sure you have good cellular signal, or Wi-Fi connection if you have Wi-Fi Calling turned on. In addition, go to Settings > Messages to check if “Send as SMS” in on. If not, toggle it on.
3. iMessage “Waiting for activation” Error
You need to activate iMessage and FaceTime before you can use them with your iPhone. However, you may get error messages like “Waiting for activation” or “An error occurred during activation” during activation. And you can follow these tips to fix iMessage not working with iPhone 7/6s/SE/6/5s:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure you’ve set your time zone correctly in Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Go to Setting > Messages > Send & Receive, tap on your Apple ID and sign out, then wait for a while and sign in again.
4. iMessage Effects Not Working in iOS 10 or later
In most cases, the reason why iMessage effects are not working is that people enabled “Reduce Motion” feature. With Reduce Motion on, some animation and effects in certain apps will be disabled. To have iMessage effects, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Device Motion and toggle off Reduce Motion.
5. Messages Missing from iPhone After Update to iOS 10.3.3/10.3.2
Unexpected data loss usually happens after system update. So it is not surprising that some people complain about messages disappearing from iPhone after iOS 10.3.2 or iOS 10.3.3 update. Actually you can easily get your disappeared iPhone messages back through restoring your iPhone from iCloud backup. If you forgot to back up your iPhone before iOS update, you may need to turn to some third party iOS data recovery tool to help you out.