Apple rolled out iOS 10.3 – the last major update of iOS 10 on 27 March, which came with great new features like Find My AirPods, Apple File System, etc. A couple of days later, Apple released iOS 10.3.1 with bug fixes and security patches that solved some iOS 10.3 problems including Wi-Fi vulnerability.
However, there are plenty of iPhone and iPad users complaining about that some iOS 10.3 problems still exist in iOS 10.3.1. And the most frequently mentioned iOS 10.3.1 issues include installing errors, Wi-Fi problems, battery draining fast, unresponsive Home button, and so on.
@AppleSupport iOS 10.3.1 has issues- worse than 10.3. Freezing, apps blick, Siri- on and on.- I have enough problems w/out iPhone problems.
— Michael Martinez (@m_martinez_md) April 10, 2017
You Can No Longer Downgrade to iOS 10.2.1 or iOS 10.3
Following the release of iOS 10.3.1, Apple has stopped signing iOS 10.2.1 and iOS 10.3. Without iOS 10.3 or iOS 10.2.1 signed code, users who have installed iOS 10.3.1 cannot downgrade to iOS 10.3 or iOS 10.2.1. If you’d like to install iOS public beta on your iPhone or iPad, you can follow this tutorial to make it: How to Install iOS 10.3 Public Beta on Your iPhone/iPad >
Top 10 iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 Issues on iPhone/iPad & Solutions
Actually, there is a good chance to fix the common iPhone issues on your own. Now follow this post to see how to fix 10 common iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 issues.
- “Unable to Install Update” error
- iPhone iPad stuck on “Verifying Update” during iOS 10.3 update
- iPhone/iPad battery draining fast in iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1
- iOS 10.3.1/10.3.2 Wi-Fi problems
- iPhone Bluetooth problems in iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1
- iPhone voicemail won’t play in iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1
- Home button not working in iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1
- iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 Touch ID not working
- “Hey Siri” not working on iPhone
- Cellular data not working in iOS10.3.2/10.3.1
How fix “Unable to Install Update” error when installing iOS update
It is a common iOS installing error that many people encountered. After successfully downloading software update, an message pops up and says “An error occurred installing iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2.”
Anyone else having issues installing iOS 10.3.1? Fails repeatedly. Downloaded but won’t install. Maybe there will be a fix 4 the update.
— George Somers (@techiskwl) April 9, 2017
Usually you can tap on “Retry” to install update again, but if it not works, try following methods:
- Reset Network Settings on iPhone.
- Force restart iPhone and then try again.
- Switch to another Wi-Fi network.
- Install iOS 10.3.1/10.3.2 update using iTunes.
How to fix iPhone iPad stuck on “Verifying Update” during iOS update
It’s an essential process to verify iOS update before installation and the “Verify Update” time may vary on different devices. For those users who unluckily get their iPhone or iPad stuck on verifying update screen during iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 update, here are 4 ways you can try:
- Lock and unlock your iPhone iPad screen for 5+ times.
- Hard reboot your device.
- Restore your iPhone/iPad with iTunes.
- Update your iPhone iPad to iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1 with iTunes.
How to fix iPhone/iPad battery draining fast
Does your iPhone battery drain faster than before after updating to iOS 10.3.1 or iOS 10.3.2? If your answer is “Yes”, try methods below to effectively extend your iPhone/iPad battery life in iOS 10.3.2/iOS 10.3.1.
- Check what drains your iPhone battery
- Dim the screen or turn on Auto-Brightness
- Use Wi-Fi to access data.
- Enable Low Power Mode.
- Turn off location services.
- Disable app background refresh.
How to fix iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 Wi-Fi problems
It’s unsurprising that iOS update may bring more or less problems, but it’s so weird that the Wi-Fi problems comes with nearly every major iOS update. iOS 10.3 is no exception. Since updated to iOS 10.3, many users got Wi-Fi issues on iPhone and iPad. The main problems include:
- Unable to connect to Wi-Fi network
- Wi-Fi keeps dropping
- Wi-Fi won’t turn on
- Slow Wi-Fi connection speed
- Wi-Fi Keeps forgetting hidden network
Some of these Wi-Fi problem are still existing in iOS 10.3.1/10.3.2, and you can try following methods to fix them:
- Reboot Router or Modem.
- Restart Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Forget & Rejoin WiFi Network.
- Change to Google’s DNS.
- Turn off Location Service for Networking Service.
- Restore Your Device.
How to fix iPhone Bluetooth problems in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2
Another iOS 10.3.1 and iOS 10.3.2 issue that many users complain about is the Bluetooth problem. Here are some methods to fix iPhone Bluetooth problems as we show below:
- Turn off Bluetooth and restart your iPhone, iPad.
- Forget your Bluetooth connection and the reconnect.
- Reset all settings on your iOS device.
How to Fix iPhone voicemail won’t play in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2
Many people find their iPhone voicemail not working properly as it should do in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2. When they tap a voicemail message to listen to it, nothing happens. And sometimes it may take a dozen times before they can successfully play a voicemail message. Quite annoying, isn’t it? To fix iPhone voicemail won’t play in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2, here are 6 ways you can try:
- Restart your iPhone
- Play voicemail in areas with good signal
- Reset your network settings
- Update carrier settings
- Reset your voicemail password
- Reset your iPhone
How to fix iPhone Home button not working in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2
Some iPhone users find their Home button worked well before but became randomly unresponsive after iOS 10.3.2/10.3.1 update, sometimes they may need to press Home button for two or three times to exit an application. To fix iPhone Home button not working, give the following 3 methods a try:
- Recalibrate the Home button
- Restore your iPhone
- Enable AssistiveTouch
How to fix iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2 Touch ID not working
You can easily make purchases in App Store or iTunes Store, or unlock your iPhone, iPad using Touch ID without manually enter password or passcode. When Touch ID not working properly in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2, here are 2 ways for you to fix this issue:
- Delete your fingerprint and re-train your Touch ID.
- Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Enter your passcode or password and turn off iTunes & App Store. After that, press the Home button and reboot your iPhone or iPad. Then go to Settings and turn on iTunes & App Store in Touch ID & Passcode.
How to fix “Hey Siri” not working in iOS 10.3.1/iOS 10.3.2
Undoubtedly, “Hey Siri” is an amazing feature that allows you to invoke Siri without pressing Home button. For those users who are used to ask Siri for help in a hands-free mode, it is so inconvenient if “Hey Siri” not working. So how to fix “Hey Siri” not working? Here are 5 ways you can have a try:
- Check your network connection
- Toggle Siri off and then turn it on in Settings
- Make sure your iPhone microphones work properly
- Turn off Low Battery Mode
- Restart your iPhone/iPad
How to fix cellular data not working in iOS 10.3.2/iOS 10.3.1
The cellular data allows you to access the Internet with your iPhone or iPad when there is no Wi-Fi connection. If you are sure that all your cellular data settings are right but still have issues accessing the Internet using cellular data, follow the 4 methods below to fix this problem.
- Restart your iPhone
- Take out the SIM card and put it back in
- Update carrier settings
- Reset networks settings on iPhone 7/7 Plus
Have other iOS 10.3.1 or iOS 10.3.2 issues need to be fixed? Leave your comment to let us know.